Training your dog to urinate where it is supposed to may take some time. And your dog may have an accident as you train him or her. But don't worry; removing dog urine is all about preparedness and swiftness. The following is a natural solution that you should keep around; it will help remove dog urine from your carpet.
Prepare With A Powerful Natural Cleaning Solution
The process is simple, but lengthy. But the cleaning solution can be used anywhere, as it contains folic acid and vitamin C from the orange peels. The aforementioned ingredients kill germs and odor-causing bacteria. The process also creates active probiotics that will eat any odor-causing bacteria in your carpet. You should be prepared with this powerful solution before the incident occurs.
You will need the following:
- 2 liter plastic bottle or glass jar. Make sure you can close the container.
- 1/2 of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 1 liter of water
- 2 cups of fresh orange peels
To make the solution, follow the next steps:
- Pour the sugar into your bottle or jar.
- Cut the orange peels to fit your bottle or jar container.
- Add the yeast.
- Add the water, and close the container tightly.
- Shake the container for 30 seconds or until the sugar dissolves.
- Let the mixture sit for 2 weeks, and shake the mixture once a day. Make sure you loosely close the mixture to let out any gas buildup.
- After those two weeks, pour 1/2 cup of the mixture in a 1-liter spray bottle. Fill the rest with water. Keep the rest closed loosely, and refrigerated for later use.
Now that you have the solution. You can move on to removing a stain from your carpet.
You Need To Soak And Prepare The Carpet
The first step requires that you have a few rags or towels that you can dispose of. Be sure to act within 10 minutes from the urination incident. To soak up the urine, just follow the steps below:
- Get your towel or rag wet. Make sure that the water is as cold as possible. The cold dampened towel should absorb your dog's urine.
- Remember to thoroughly strain the towel or rag before using it.
- Place the dampened rag over the stain.
- Grab some heavy cans or your shoes and place them over the dampened towel.
- Leave the towel or rag over the urine for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove the towel, and dispose of it.
- Use a small amount of cold water to re-wet the urinated area. Start from the outer-edge of the urinated area and work inwardly. Be sure to pour slowly.
- Now, just spray your natural enzymatic cleaner on your carpet..
- Place a dry towel over the infected area. Weigh the towel down with your shoes or whatever you used earlier. Let the towel sit overnight.
The stain and smell should be gone by the morning. But remember that some stains could seep deeply into the carpet, and you will need to talk to your carpet cleaning specialist about other cleaning options.Share